SOUTH FLORIDA ONLY
We understand that going out to refill or get a new Propane Tank can be painful. For the convenience of our customers we have added a exchange station to our locations. We have partnered with Florigas as we find that their tanks are usually in better condition than other companies.
- Tanks can be used for grills, patio heaters, fryers and fire pits.
- We accept any tank for exchange.
- FloriGas tanks are leak tested and inspected
Exchange is the quick, easy way for you to swap out a tank, or buy a spare.
With safety being our number one priority, the chemical properties of propane restrict us to only fill our tanks to 80% capacity. Our main concern is the variable expansion ratio of the liquid within the container over a temperature rise. By not filling to 100%, a vapor space is created within the container. This allows room for liquid expansion, should it occur, and allows vaporization of the liquid propane to occur unimpeded.
- Leave your propane tank outside the store to make an exchange
- Pay the cashier for either an exchange or purchase, and follow the attendant to the propane exchange center.
- Grab your new tank when the attendant opens the Propane Exchange Display and swap out your used tank, if you're making an exchange
- Never bring tanks indoors
- DO NOT leave in your vehicle for extended periods. If your tank is left or stored in your vehicle, heat, sunlight and motion can increase pressure to an unsafe level creating a flammable, explosive environment. Always use, inspect and store propane tanks in well-ventilated areas
WILL WE ACCEPT YOUR TANK?
We will accept ANY tank as long as basic safety conditions are met (most tanks meet the criteria):
- Tank must have a protective collar.
- Tank must have a foot ring.
- Valve must meet OPD Handwheel rules.
- No excessive dents.
- No excessive rusts.