French wines can be tricky. Origin, grapes, terrain, and year make huge difference with so many options.
We wanted to bring a well-priced French wine, with an outstanding taste to be paired with our meats. Megaphone was it!
At 80% Grenache, 20% Syrah, we were expecting something different but.. it was AMAZING!
James Suckling gave 93 points to this wine.
Frédéric & Daniel Brunier produce one of the best wines in the world. This is definitely one of them.
The “Mégaphone” is a fresh, rich in fruit, pleasantly representative of their terroir, and easy to appreciate young.
• Vineyards are situated in the commune of Saint-Hippolyte-le-Graveyron, on the southern slopes of the Dentelles de Montmirail
• Formerly blended into “Le Pigeoulet” rouge
• Grapes are harvested by hand
• Grapes are de-stemmed
• Grapes are pressed gently by pneumatic press
• Vinification occurs in temperature-controlled cement tanks for 15-20 days
• Aged in 50 hl foudres for 10 months
Rocky clay and sand
25 years average