As you may see at our check-out screen we have changed the way we charge for shipping.
WHY THE CHANGE?
Initially as we embarked on shipping nationally we opted for giving our customers choices, ground shipping was THE choice, it worked. We would pack our orders VERY well so they could spend up to 5 days in transit. The problem was COVID-19 which has made UPS take longer and longer and de-prioritize transit times for ground orders. As a result the average transit time for ground increased by as much as two days. This meant that a few of our orders were getting delayed and arriving late (And damaged).
As a result we have decided to implement a FLAT RATE shipping policy. We expect that it will result in FASTER FULFILLMENT and more importantly a max of 3 day transit time (target of two).
OVERALL SHIPPING COSTS SHOULD REMAIN ROUGHLY THE SAME
Every region will now receive flat rate shipping, the further away from our headquarters in South Florida, the more expensive the rate.
There are three types of shipping available:
- Flat Rate: Cheapest tier of shipping, will ship on a first come first serve basis. Usually transit time will be 3 days as it may ship ground or 3 day air / 2nd day air to western states. "Free Shipping" will always ship on "Flat Rate", upgrades may be processed upon request.
- Priority: Most of these orders WILL ship 2nd day air AND will be fulfilled on the same day if inventory is available and order WAS PLACED BEFORE Cut-off (2pm).
- Overnight: Order will be fulfilled as fast as possible and ship
We typically fulfill orders within 24 hours of receipt. In some instances fulfillment may take up to 5 days.
- If your order has a transit time of over 2-3 days it will ship Mon-Wed
- if your order has a transit time of less than two days it may ship Wed/Thurs.
- We only ship orders with a one day transit time on Thursdays.
- We DO NOT ship Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
So an order for California, that came in after our cut-off on Wednesday would have to wait until next Monday to ship.
Your order will be packaged in an insulated cooler with dry ice and gel packs. Note that Dry Ice will melt in 24-48 hours.