Our All Natural Whole Duck is sourced from Maple Leaf Farms in Canada. This is White Pekin duck, also known as Long Island duck and it is of the highest quality.
- Whole duck with giblets and a neck stuffed inside
- No artificial ingredients, minimally processed (no marination)
- Gluten free**
- Ready to cook
- Each duck weights roughly 5.25 lbs.
Duck meat represents the epitome of healthy and hearty, high-quality meat. Its robust flavor is met with a mouthwatering tenderness.
Raising white pekin duck since 1958, Maple Leaf Farms is dedicated to providing safe, healthy, and high-quality duck for the food service industry. This family-run business follows strict, safety and quality-control practices, feeding ducks a natural diet without antibiotics and monitoring them for disease in accordance to the National Poultry Improvement Plan (NPIP). Maple Leaf Farms is certified by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and adheres to the Trident Stewardship Program to ensure proper animal care and sustainable, environmentally-friendly practices. The result is exceptionally robust, premium meat produced with integrity and perfect for choice menus.
- If frozen, thaw out in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove from bag. Remove neck and giblets from body cavity.
- Rinse duck under cool water.
- Roast uncovered, breast side up, on rack in roasting pan 30 minutes per pound or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F (82 degrees C), measured at the thigh joint.
- The legs move freely and juices run clear when duck is done.