Few things are as satisfying to eat than a perfectly cooked, buttery scallop. The challenge is not in the cooking of the scallop, it's finding good scallops. It took us a while to be able to sell these beautiful U8, wild-caught Boston Dry Scallops.
On this recipe, we cooked these scallops using the Victoria Signature Series skillet. They are built using a proprietary Spherrous Iron Technology which makes this skillet literally unbreakable.
How To Cook Scallops
- Dry sea scallops
- 1 tbsp high smoke point oil like ghee, avocado oil, etc.
- 2 tbsp butter
Step-By-Step Instructions For Cooking Scallops:
1. Pat the scallops dry.
2. Remove the membrane that holds the scallop to its shell.
3. Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
4. Sprinkle the sea scallops with salt and pepper, to season.
5. When the pan is hot, add oil, then drop in your scallops, giving them enough room in between so they are not too close to each other.
6. The scallops should make a sizzling noise when you put them in the pan.
7. Cook the scallops for 2 minutes, making sure not to move them or touch them at all.
8. Flip the scallops over, and add the butter to the pan. Let the scallops cook for 1 more minute.
9. Remove the scallops from the pan
10. Add the leftover butter & squeeze a lemon
11. Carve, serve and enjoy!
How To Cook Scallops Video:
Get your scallops here: