What Is Branzino?
Branzino is a very popular fish served in high end restaurants. This white fish presents a light flaky taste that is mildly sweet. The meat of the Branzino is very delicate, which helps it fall apart in your mouth with every bite.
Our branzinos are sourced from the Mediterranean sea and come with the skin on.
How To Cook Mediterranean Branzino
Today we are cooking this branzino using the Victoria Signature Series skillet. They are built using a proprietary Spherrous Iron Technology which makes this skillet literally unbreakable. Available in Soft finish with "skin" texture optimal to hold seasoning and perform well in a wide range of temperatures. Available also in polished finish, with the same approach and polished by hand.
- Olive Oil
Step By Step Instructions:
1. Pat dry and then salt the fish.
2. Chop the capers and garlic.
3. Preheat your cast iron skillet at medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
4. Cook the branzino for 2 minutes per side (skin side down first).
5. Remove and put aside your branzino.
6. Add the capers, chopped garlic to the skillet. Season with olive oil.
7. Add butter.
8. Add lemon.
9. Combine and whisk the ingredients in order to make a sauce.
10. Add the fish. Use a spoon to season it with the sauce.
11. Do this for 2 minutes, then remove the branzino.
12. Add the leftover sauce to the fish.
13. Cut, serve and Enjoy!
Checkout The Video:
Get your Branzino!