For some of you, Summer is here (yes we are based out of Florida and the biggest perk is endless summer)…. so anyhow... Summer is indeed here and that means it's time to dust off the grill and indulge in the art of outdoor cooking.
If you're a meat enthusiast, few things are as satisfying as sinking your teeth into a perfectly grilled steak. To elevate your grilling game this summer, we've compiled a list of the best Meat N' Bone grilling steaks that will tantalize your taste buds and make your backyard barbecue unforgettable.
1. USDA Prime Dry-Aged Ribeye: When it comes to grilling steaks, the USDA Prime Dry-Aged Ribeye is a cut above the rest. This premium steak is aged to perfection in one of the best dry aging facilities in Chicago...the dry aging enhances its tenderness and flavor. With its marbled fat and rich, buttery taste, the ribeye is a favorite among steak connoisseurs. Grilling it to medium-rare will provide a succulent and juicy steak that will leave you craving more.
(Picture by @leslie_starner18)
Why go with Meat N' Bone? We start off with the best USDA Prime Ribeye, we also use a 107 Ribeye so the large muscle protects the beef as it ages. We Dry age it in Chicago for up to 60 days and trim to perfection. Not saw, we cut by hand.
2. Wagyu Tomahawk: For a truly impressive grilling experience, look no further than the majestic Wagyu Tomahawk steak. This visually stunning cut, characterized by its long bone resembling a tomahawk, boasts intense marbling and unparalleled tenderness. The high fat content creates a luxurious, melt-in-your-mouth experience. Grilling a Wagyu Tomahawk to medium or medium-rare allows the marbling to render and infuse the meat with unparalleled flavor.
(Picture by foodcolorspice)
Why go with Meat N' Bone? If you are going to splurge on a Tomahawk (lets be frank, we buy tomahawks because we want it to look good on the table) you might as well go with the best of the best... thats is what we do.
3. Picanha: Originating from Brazil, the Picanha steak has gained popularity for its robust flavor and tenderness. Also known as the sirloin cap, this cut features a thick cap of fat that renders beautifully when grilled, resulting in a juicy and flavorful steak. Grilling Picanha to medium-rare or medium allows the fat to melt, infusing the meat with its rich flavors.
Why go with Meat N' Bone? We are hispanic, we grew up eating Picanhas. It took years to find the Picanhas we carry, trimmed properly, aged properly. They are tender and delicious. It makes a difference, our Wagyu Picanhas are particularly amazing and priced well. We even carry A5 Japanese Picanha which is EXTREMELY rare. Just remember to cut against the grain.
4. Porterhouse Steak: Similar to the T-Bone, the Porterhouse steak is a carnivore's dream come true. With a larger filet mignon portion, this cut offers an even more substantial and tender eating experience. The Porterhouse's exceptional flavor profile, coupled with its sizable proportions, makes it an excellent choice for sharing with friends and family during your summer cookouts.
(Picture by @undertheknifecooking)
Why go with Meat N' Bone? Our porterhouse steaks are cut for steakhouses, they are thick and follow strict standards. They are delicious. We do recommend cooking using indirect heat or sous vide.
5. Flat Iron Steak: For those seeking a steak that combines great taste and affordability, the Flat Iron steak is an excellent choice. Cut from the shoulder, this lesser-known cut has gained popularity due to its tenderness and rich flavor. Its uniform shape and marbling make it ideal for grilling to medium or medium-rare. With a slightly more pronounced beefy flavor, the Flat Iron steak delivers a delicious and satisfying grilling experience without breaking the bank.
Why go with Meat N' Bone? We source it right, we cut it right, we trim it right. We love these steaks and find them to be amazing for sharing.
6. Flap Steak (Flap Meat): The Flap steak, also known as Flap Meat, is a hidden gem that deserves a place on your grill. Derived from the bottom sirloin, this cut is known for its marbling and intense beefy flavor. Its thin shape allows for quick and even cooking, making it an excellent choice for summer grilling. Aim for a medium-rare to medium doneness to ensure a tender and juicy bite.
Why go with Meat N' Bone? Flap also goes by the name VACIO and we love it, its another cut we grew up eating. You would not believe how amazing a sandwich with Flap Meat is. Our Flap steaks are wet aged for 30+ days and they are properly butchered. Just remember to cut against the grain. Always!
7. Outside Skirt (Churrasco): The Flap steak, also known as Flap Meat, is a hidden gem that deserves a place on your grill. Derived from the bottom sirloin, this cut is known for its marbling and intense beefy flavor. Its thin shape allows for quick and even cooking, making it an excellent choice for summer grilling. Aim for a medium-rare to medium doneness to ensure a tender and juicy bite.
(Picture by @lmatamata)
Our steaks are so good you do not need anything but coarse salt. However, we do have an amazing selection of rubs, sauces and specialty items you will not find anywhere else. Like our Chimichurri which we make weekly in house or the Beef Tallow which we also make in house by rendering down A5 fat.
This summer, take your grilling game to new heights by exploring the world of Meat N' Bone grilling steaks. From the luscious marbling of a USDA Prime Dry-Aged Ribeye to the grandeur of a Wagyu Tomahawk, these steaks are sure to satisfy even the most discerning palates. Whether you prefer the classic porterhouse or the famous Picanha, or if you're looking to discover the hidden gem of the Flat Iron, these grilling steaks will elevate your backyard barbecue to a whole new level. So, fire up your grill, gather your loved ones, and embark on a culinary journey filled with tantalizing flavors and mouthwatering bites. Happy grilling!